EFT is one of the best treatments available for PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder). It has been shown to be very helpful for people suffering the effects of PTSD including war veterans, ex-service men and women, and survivors of childhood and other abuse.
The symptoms of PTSD include
- re-experiencing the original trauma(s) through flashbacks and/or nightmares
- hypervigilance (described as “like being permanently on red alert”)
- increased arousal—such as difficulty falling or staying asleep
- exaggerated startle response
- avoidance of thought and activities associated with the trauma
- outbursts of anger
- difficulty concentrating
- poor memory
- feeling detached
- being unable to experience pleasure from activities usually found enjoyable
- intrusive thoughts
It is normal for the symptoms to continue for many years after the original trauma.
EFT is a simple, easy to use technique which can completely relieve all the symptoms of PTSD and restore peace of mind, allowing the person to continue with their lives unencumbered by the past traumatic memories. The treatment takes place over a number of sessions (often as few as 3 sessions) and involves tapping with the fingertips on “meridian points” (which are part of the Chinese medicine meridian system).
Following is a video which demonstrates how EFT helped a group of war veterans:
I have worked extensively with EFT in helping people to overcome PTSD following all kinds of traumatic events.
For more information or to find out if EFT could help you, please call or contact me for a free, no obligation 15 minute phone consultation.